DUI THIRD OFFENSE
A third DUI offense is a felony, generally resulting in mandatory incarceration. Our Detroit DUI Lawyers have successfully represented many drivers charged with DUI third offenses and negotiated and litigated the charges down to a misdemeanor with no jail sentence. Please contact our Firm if you are facing these charges.
The Court may impose any combination of the following upon sentencing:
- $500 to $5,000 fine, and either of the following:
- 1 to 5 years imprisonment.
- Probation, with 30 days to 1 year in jail.
- 60 to 180 days community service.
- Driver’s license revocation and denial if there are 2 convictions within 7 years or 3 convictions within 10 years. The minimum period of revocation and denial is 1 year (minimum of 5 years if there was a prior revocation within 7 years).
- License plate confiscation.
- Vehicle immobilization for 1 to 3 years, unless the vehicle is forfeited.
- Possible vehicle forfeiture.
- Vehicle registration denial.
- 6 points added to the offender’s driving record.
- Michigan Driver Responsibility Fee of $1,000 for 2 consecutive years.
If you or someone you know has charged with a DUI third offense, contact the Draper Law Firm today.